wikimedia-l | wikisource-l | meta | mediawiki | Phabricator | feedback

Enabling email digest

solved

Currently email digest is disabled. I propose to enable it to its default configuration: a weekly digest.

I think these digests are an interesting feature. They have a link in the footer allowing users to unsubscribe, and users can set another frequency in their preferences, from every 30 minutes (!) to every two weeks or never.

Sounds like a good idea; go for it.

Enabled. Looking forward to seeing more returning users because of this weekly digest. :slight_smile:

I see that something was sent by Discourse to most old users 8 hours ago. No idea what that was, and not worth investigating.

Ah, now I see where the previous configuration came from: Join the meta discussion!

I’m pretty sure I have been getting digests since this instance was created. Or maybe it was disabled on upgrade somehow?

Maybe you enabled them in your profile? In any case, I believe I had never received them.

I’ve never received digests either; just individual notices (until those were turned off). Now I’ve got digests turned on, but I keep coming back to the site so have yet to have any delivered.